3D Top View floor plan graphics

I haven’t succeeded in creating an assortment of floor plans (or sections, for that matter, but let’s start with floor plans) from 3d views in Visual Arq employing an assortment of lineweights for a professional-looking result that’s easily and reliable adjusted.

I’d welcome a chance to see uploaded samples. I’ve only managed to control lineweights reliably in 2D VaViews, but they are accompanied by a variety of limitations, some of them quite serious.

I’d welcome even a portion of a plan view, however cropped, showing a wall, a door (with swing), and a window object.

It’s been quiet in the week since the above intial post.

I find myself resorting to having objects toned and hatched in various ways for emphasis to make up for the shortage of reliable line width configurations, but in the heat of work, line width requests are abundant and require fast response. I also resort to adding pline outlines in layout space, but automation is the big advantage of a parametrically editable object.

Surely some proud Va users have some examples to show.

Hi @djhg, in this page you can download a sample of aVisualARQ model of the Villa Savoye project.

Some VisualARQ objects have already the section attributes defined by style. For example, all walls have already a lineweight set to 0,3mm to their main component (wall layer).

Other objects, like the big polysurface at the base of the model, has the section attributes assigned by object:

If you print the layout “Ground floor” you should be able to appriaciate the difference of lineweighs of objects shown in section and in projection.

So Va’s section attributes should work on non-Va objects? Are you sure this is reliable? I have not found it to be in most cases. Perhaps there are certain cases in which it does not work. Open polysurfaces? Anything else?

Yes it should work on Rhino geometry, but the geometry should be closed like a closed extrusion or a closed solid polysurface.

If I uncheck clipping for objects they are still clipped.

Can you share an example of this?

I’l upload it.

Edit: On further investigation, it turns out there’s a clipping plane active as well as the VaSection in this example. I guess the Section Attributes settings do not apply to clipping planes?

Correct. They only work with VisualARQ sections.

I’ve got your file and the object works well with the clipping status. Probably you were using Rhino clipping plane instead of a VisualARQ section. Let me know if problem persists with a VisualARQ section.

I’m discovering that the settings only control the display in particular view modes. Hidden seems to work best, but most of them do not.