Is this bug still happening? I cannot reproduce the steps that I found in:
RH-61115 Three finger gesture macros also cause rectangular window selection
Here are the steps I took to attempt to reproduce this issue:
- In macOS System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures, uncheck the Mission Control to disable the macOS Mission Control gestures that would conflict with the report.
- Launched Rhino for Mac 7.5 (see build below) and started a new modeling window.
- Navigated to Rhino 7 > Preferences > Trackpad > Three Fingers and set
the first one - Swipe left with three fingers to run this macro to:
!_Box C 0 50 50 50.
- In the modeling window, I swiped left with three fingers. A box was created at the origin, as expected.
- Navigated to Rhino 7 > Preferences > Trackpad > Three Fingers and set them to
vr respectively (as in @msmr’s helpful report).
- Navigated to Rhino 7 > Preferences > Aliases, and set the corresponding “viewport” aliases to those shown in the same report.
- In the Rhino viewport, swiped left, right, up, and down with three fingers and the viewport mode switched accordingly without any selection rectangle.
I attempted this with this build on this Mac:
Rhino 7 SR5 2021-4-10 (Rhino 7, 7.5.21100.03002, Git hash:master @ 2cd158094b595f6400479d7cbe511454b6149527)
Apple Intel 64-bit macOS Version 11.3 (Build 20E232) (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Mac Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,3
Language: en-US (MacOS default)
What am I doing wrong here? What’s different about our setups?