0,0,0 reorients itself to selected curve issue?

I drew a curve that is sort of a ‘U’ shape. When I select it, the 0,0,0 or the world reorients around the curve. I have never seen this happen before in previous WIP builds or Rhino 7. It only does this for multi line curves, rectangles, circles etc. It does not happen when I select the poly surface or the single line curve in the screen shot.

Yep, I noticed this earlier - check the status bar - the setting Auto Align CPlane looks like it is turned on by default. @wim, @pascal - IMO, this should not be on by default…

Awesome, thank you! I keep running into default settings in WIP that confuse me because I didn’t know existed lol

Hi All - yeah, it’s on because we wanted people to see it in the WIP- not that we think everyone will like it, but we want to hear about it.

-Pascal

1 Like

Yeah, I kinda figured that was the intention… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, I don’t think this one has existed for very long…

1 Like

In upcoming WIP the cplane will not change if it is coplanar to current cplane.

Well, like “Standard” vs “Universal” CPlanes, there will be people who love this feature and people who hate it… Personally I want my CPlanes to stay put…

1 Like

There’s an ulterior motive…

-Pascal

As long as it doesn’t “ulteriorate” things… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Interesting but please leave it off by default. Most of the time I don’t want the cplane moving automatically.

1 Like