Speckle for Rhino 8 is available (as early release)

We’re excited to announce that Rhino 8 connector is available with the latest 2.19.0-wip release. It took a little longer than expected due to some breaking changes with Rhino 8, but we’re glad it’s finally here! This wip release is for community testing :partying_face:. If you’re not feeling particularly adventurous, just stick to the stable 2.17 version for now to avoid any interruptions to your ongoing projects.

The official release for Rhino 8 connector will be available with the stable 2.19 release.

How to install it?

To install 2.19.0-wip release for the Rhino Connector:

1. Inside the “Rhino Connector” page, switch to the “Versions” tab.
  2. Toggle on the “Show Pre-releases” option at the top.
  3. From this list, select the 2.19.0-wip release.
  4. Click on the “Install” button next to it.

Manager_wgAviCea2Q

The good news is that the latest release of Rhino 8 no longer requires the compatibility mode manual install hack workaround. So, please make sure you revert those changes:

1. Run SetDotNetRuntime command.
  2. Switch it to Default.

Once you do these changes, you’ll be ready to use our connector inside Rhino 8!

1 Like

What are the new features in this release?

1 Like

Right now, this early release has the principal new feature of supporting Rhino 8 (+GH) :smiley:

1 Like

Hello! When I’m opening the Rhino connectors I can’t see the Version 2.19 (I’m working on Macbook). Is there a way to enable it?
The pre-releases is on. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi,
Great release!
I see that the user text data added to geometries insides blocks are deleted when sent and received through speckle.
Is it a bug or is it in the plans to add it?

1 Like

I’ll check in on that, that may be an existing issue.

This early release is a direct port of our older connector for Rhino 7 - were quite keen to develop with the new goodness around Rhino 8 object data in main app and also GH

1 Like