Placing Multiple Image files

I scanned a blueprint. The blueprint includes multiple levels.

Is there any way to insert multiple images (different sizes) and have them be at the same resolution?

The blueprint is at 1" = 16’ The scan is at 600 DPI. I there way way to adjust the size of the image based upon that (rather than draw a rectangle)?

if I have to resize, is there any way to resize all the images the same amount?

Place your scan with PictureFrame, and scale it to the desired size. Copy it x times. Trim each copy to show the desired content.

Max.

…and make sure you don’t shrink the PictureFrame surfaces after trimming… --Mitch

The original is too large for that (18,000 x 33941). I cannot even export it out of photoshop without chopping it down.

Some of the levels have multiple reference points. In theory, I can scale them the same. However, some of the levels only have on reference point. I need to scale one images with multiple reference points then have all the others scaled the same.

I’ve been playing with this but still cannot find some way to match the zoom in two different Picture Frames.

How about making a copy of your original scan and change the resolution to something manageable in Rhino, then copy and trim as I suggested earlier. If the resulting images are not sharp enough for your purpose you could superimpose the chopped high resolution originals over the low resolution images and scale them to match the graphics. One of the two could be made semi-transparent by assigning a different material to it and change the opacity.

Max.

The problem is there is too much detail that as is needed. I want to chop the image up to make it manageable.

Do you want to import several images using PictureFrame, and have the size of each image in Rhino based on the number of pixels of each image in the horizontal (or vertical) direction?

(Based on Rhino for Windows)

Note the number of horizontal (or vertical) number of pixels in each image.

PictureFrame command

Select first image to be imported.

At “First corner of picture frame” prompt select the desired location of the lower left corner of the image.

At “Length of picture frame” prompt type “Rx.xxx,0” where x.xxx isa length proportional to the number of pixels for that image. It does not need to be the final size of the image. For the example I tested I used 9.000 for an image with 9000 pixels, 4.499 for an image with 4499 pixels, and 0.995 for an image with 995 pixels. (The “R” makes the location of the second point to be entered relative to the location of the first point entered.)

Repeat for each image to be imported.

After all the images have been imported use Scale to re-scale the images to the desired final sizes. If all the images are to have the same final scale then using one application of the Scale command and select all the images as the “Objects to be scaled”.

I tested this procedure using an image of boat lines and two cropped versions of the that image. The imported images were at identical scales.