Error issue with Rhino UI

hi, I have an issue with Rhino User Interface. I have my own set up for UI in rhino (Color, toolbar, tab position, etc), I saved my toolbar under rhino default toolbar directory. sometimes when I accidentally minimize rhino window and then maximise it back again, all the toolbars are in total mess,eventhough I have checked the “lock” toolbar button.
even worse everytime rhino crashes when it opens backup file, the toolbars again are in the wrong position and sizes.

did anyone experience this problem?
thanks

Rhino V4 or V5?
Do you have multiple Rhino sessions running?
“Lock” does not mean what you think it does. Lock means YOU can’t drag them around. Rhino still can if it thinks the application window or Desktop is a different size. Rhino rearranges them so they will show up on the current app window and desktop size.

And… what about the crashing? are you sending in crash reports? If not, and there is a crash report UI from McNeel when it blows, please send in the reports so we can get a handle on what is causing the crashes. Any idea from your end what actions are causing the crash?

-Pascal

hi John, I am using Rhino 5.
no I just open 1 file. I seldom run multiple rhino files at once.
I guess you are right, because I keep exchanging file between my home desktop and my workstation at the office, and they have different screen resolution as well as different rhino version…
oh, by the way, I think RHino also need 1 click button to export everything including option set up, tool bar, display setting, short cut, etc and compress them into some sort of UI template.
currently “export option” function only export what is inside the option panel, not display properties and tool bar, default layer and not even default camera angle.

or perhaps there is an “all-export” button in rhino 5 already?

thanks, RUnnie

Hi Pascal, often the case, Rhino crashes when I accidentally create bad geometry in T-spline Plug in. or during exporting process to Maxwell (I guess this one is not related to Rhino) , it does not"crash" actually, but Rhino freezes for such a long time and I had no choice but to hit the reset button. my T-spline version is an old one so it is not very compatible with Rhino.
it is always the plug in that creates the problem I think.

thanks,Runnie