XNurbs releases a ground-breaking NURBS software

I must say that this plug-in for Rhino is making you sweat! Announcements and proclamations, but still nothing! It’s just a plug-in to do a certain thing, we’re not talking about a complete and complex software!

For havens sake… !

Programmers know that you can encounter problems along the way. The size of the software isn’t determining whether you will have problems or not. If going only the short distance from one side of a bridge to the other side, the distance doesn’t matter if the bridge is closed or broken.

I don’t want a debate on this, but I’m getting sick of the unforgiving attitudes. Someone got provoked (by bad attitudes, by the way), and now the whining doesn’t seem to ever stop.

In any case, some of us are actually looking forward to the release of the plugin, delayed or not.

Enough is enough.

// Rolf

5 Likes

We will make an announcement within the next couple of days.

Yes, the plugin is very simple, but please read the thread Get the tolerance related to Curve/Surface Evaluator. Even for a trivial question, we may waste days even weeks! It is really not our fault for the slow progress. I already ask @bobmcneel to provide us with a better support!

2 Likes

Have you downloaded XNurbs Rhino plugin?

Last week, we made an announcement ( XNurbs Rhino plugin is available! ) and a lot of Rhino users downloaded it.

2 Likes

Will do! Thnx!

Did you get XNurbs plugin? Many guys actually got the the link from others. We ask people to provide the Rhino Forum name for the purpose of checking if one has a genuine copy of Rhino. @davide76 can confirm that we did not make any trouble when he asked to download the plugin.

I downloaded the file but I have not installed anything yet, I will do it soon.
Thank you

Hi,

a colleague of mine got it for me yesterday, hopefully you won’t hold that against me.

I don’t have rhino 6 but did manage to get it installed on the 90 day trial version of rhino.

I am currently testing it and will be able to give you my review + some screenshots when I’m done, please give me a few days.

I would say first impressons are positive.

regards,

*On a side note - rhino 6 is pretty :star_struck:

1 Like

Many people actually got XNurbs plugin from others and they may be very experienced designers, so we won’t do anything against them.

Just let us know if you have any questions. This week, we might provide a new update, which slightly improves the UI. (Both versions should be very robust. The new update is not necessary for the testing purpose, but would be useful for screenshots. For any screenshots from users, we will mark it clearly “Courtesy of XXX”.)

If a lot of Rhino users still need V5, we would provide a plugin for Rhino 5.

Many thanks.

1 Like

thank you, you will definitely get feedback from me when I’m done, via private message.

best regards,

Where/how do you want us to give feedback about the plugin?
Through the Rhino forum?

Thank you. Please send your feedback to our support email.

In fact, an update will become available in the next couple of days. (It adjusts the UI and also is powered by a new xn kernel version, which is particularly toned for Rhino and should work better for Rhino.)

2 Likes

Many thanks.

If you read our latest post from XNurbs Rhino plugin is available!, you can see that, right now, we need some experienced surfacing designers like you to demonstrate how to use XNurbs for different operations/scenarios/applications. (While XNurbs is the easiest-to-use NURBS software, without the help from experienced surfacing designers, some users may only use it in trivial cases.)

An update will become available in the next couple of days. If you need it, we could give you a link to download it.

@XNurbs I sent an email to sales@xnurbs.com,
the day 4 mar 2019, 22:59, I haven’t received a reply yet.
Please at least reply, since you are active on the forum, thanks.

That’s what happened to me.

I sent an email on Apr 2nd and another one, with the details asked for on this forum on Apr 4th.

There has been no reply.

Did anybody get the update mentioned by XNurbs on Feb 7th?

Have a look at the other XNurbs thread…

must mcneel buy xnurbs for what autodesk did to t-spline

2 Likes

It would be interesting if McNeel could buy Xnurbs technology; In this way it could replace the “patch” with this much more powerful, useful and functional tool. It would be a possible and painless acquisition for both parties (in the end it is just a plug-in aimed at a small aspect of modeling). Finally Rhino would have a “multiblend” worthy of note!

2 Likes

Interesting is the right word. I think if they do this, McNeel could make a deal with Netflix for a TV series/docu-drama. They should call it ‘Acquihired’. And it would show the daily life at the McNeel office with the new XNurbs guy.

This will make about 1000x more money than selling 100 incremental licenses of Rhino & 10x more support calls for having a better patch/blend tool.

G

5 Likes

I’d only watch if they make XNurbs guy wear an Apple T-shirt…

2 Likes