Worksession doesn't show all of model

When I attach a file during a worksession it’s not showing all the elements that are originally shown in the file??? All the same layers are on and nothing is hidden.

Original File

Attached in a worksession

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi djnelson - what if all layers are on? Does any of that missing stuff turn up?

-Pascal

Nope it’s still hidden. They are still hidden.

Here the workflow I went through

in a new file attached the "EP-EB Level 03 Embed’ & then tried attaching the “EP-PN Level 03 Layout” which shows the missing elements.

EP-EB Level 03 Embed.3dm (1.1 MB)

EP-PN Level 03 Layout.zip (5.9 MB)

The other file that has the missing stuff

(Pascal Golay) #5

Hm- When I attach the second file, I see what is in your first image, not the second image.

-Pascal

Just to make sure did you attach both files.

If attach the second file all by itself it shows everything. If I attach the first file and then the second, I get the second image.

(Pascal Golay) #7

Yep, that one. I’ll try it again to make sure.

@djnelson75 - the objects show if you make the ‘layout’ file active, correct?

-Pascal

Yeah it does, but if I add another level and make that active then it they disappear.

EP-PN Level 04 Layout.zip (5.6 MB)

(Pascal Golay) #9

Hm. I don’t know what to suggest - it all seems to work OK here.

-Pascal

Thanks for looking at. I will keep poking around to see if I find anything. Just to make sure that is V5 not V6 right?

(Pascal Golay) #11

Yeah, testing in V5 so far.

I assume you’ve restarted Rhino, right? And maybe even rebooted though I cannot imagine what that might do to help. I notice the blocks are linked and embedded - may not mean anything, but I just notice it, since I do not have the linked files here, so Rhino’s only seeing the embedded ones.

-Pascal