Worksession doesn't show all of model

When I attach a file during a worksession it’s not showing all the elements that are originally shown in the file??? All the same layers are on and nothing is hidden.

Original File

Attached in a worksession

Hi djnelson - what if all layers are on? Does any of that missing stuff turn up?

-Pascal

Nope it’s still hidden. They are still hidden.

Here the workflow I went through

in a new file attached the "EP-EB Level 03 Embed’ & then tried attaching the “EP-PN Level 03 Layout” which shows the missing elements.

EP-EB Level 03 Embed.3dm (1.1 MB)

EP-PN Level 03 Layout.zip (5.9 MB)

The other file that has the missing stuff

Hm- When I attach the second file, I see what is in your first image, not the second image.

-Pascal

Just to make sure did you attach both files.

If attach the second file all by itself it shows everything. If I attach the first file and then the second, I get the second image.

Yep, that one. I’ll try it again to make sure.

@djnelson75 - the objects show if you make the ‘layout’ file active, correct?

-Pascal

Yeah it does, but if I add another level and make that active then it they disappear.

EP-PN Level 04 Layout.zip (5.6 MB)

Hm. I don’t know what to suggest - it all seems to work OK here.

-Pascal

Thanks for looking at. I will keep poking around to see if I find anything. Just to make sure that is V5 not V6 right?

Yeah, testing in V5 so far.

I assume you’ve restarted Rhino, right? And maybe even rebooted though I cannot imagine what that might do to help. I notice the blocks are linked and embedded - may not mean anything, but I just notice it, since I do not have the linked files here, so Rhino’s only seeing the embedded ones.

-Pascal

I have the same issue. When attaching a second file to the base file using worksession and work in the base file, the liked blocks in the second file do not show up. But if I activate the second file, all the blocks are there intact.

I am using Rhino 7.

Hello- are any of the linked blocks the same in both the active and attached files?

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,

The general answer is yes - there are some same blocks that are linked in both the base file and attached file. So some of the same blocks are not showing in the attached file (but they show in the base file). However, there are other blocks used in the attached file not showing up, yet they are not used in the base file.

Hi Raye - OK, thanks - and just to be sure - the blocks that are not used in both files - do they have the same names by nay chance? Also, check the layer states in the attached files - are any layers off?

-Pascal