Linked blocks change insertion point when file containing is attached via worksession

Attempting to break down some huge file sizes by organizing entourage pieces into a folder and then inserting as blocks. This works fine in the original file:

But when attached to the base file via a worksession:

You can see that the shelf and sink in a “c” formation import correctly, and there are a few blocks that I can’t share due to the nature of the project which attach in the correct location as well, but the vast majority spread all over.

I notice that the layer hierarchy of the blocks changes once I attach them to the file and I wonder if this has anything to do with it (this accounts for any missing blocks from the first to the second image, as I had to turn some layers off for the protected information), but I’ve been playing with it for quite some time and can’t figure out what’s wrong.

The entourage were originally copied directly from the base file and into their own, then I turned each repeating mesh into a block, or exported existing blocks then purged the file of references and reinserted all blocks as linked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello - a quick test has this working as expected - I guess we’ll need an example file(s) - the simpler the better. Send to tech@mcneel.com, with a link back here in your comments,

@aramon - my replies to you from tech@mcneel.com appear to be blocked by a spam checker - here’s the upshot so far:
Hi Adrian - the files all have model base points that are not the world origin - I imagine this is the underlying problem- You may want to set the file where you are attaching these to use the same model base point

( ModelBasePoint command)

-Pascal

Worked like a charm, thank you!