Work Session Show/Hide Layers & Objects in Detail

Work Session needs to have a function that remembers layers and objects that are turned off and on, so that sets can be created. The layer state manager is a global manager, and is not feasible to use, especially when you have many details on a single page.

In addition to hiding the showing function, in general is broken. Once a layer is hidden, it is very hard to retrieve. One must remember the layer, there can be a button or an interactive method that shows which layers are hidden, once the command prompt opens up.

In short, the view and hide function is crucial, to present and draw all of the beautiful drawings and models, we and most design professionals create.

1 Like

Hi,

1. your first problem “worksessions” that’s a little tougher, but we can get something sorted out. Dm me so I can understand your problem better and we can work a solution out.

2. about layer visibility* there you go :

import Rhino
import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs
import scriptcontext as sc

def toggle_layer_visibility():
    layers = sc.doc.Layers
    visible_layers = [layer.Name for layer in layers if not layer.IsVisible]
    selected_layer = rs.ListBox(visible_layers, "Select a layer to toggle visibility:", "Toggle Layer Visibility")
    if selected_layer:
        rs.LayerVisible(selected_layer, True)
toggle_layer_visibility()

Farouk

Farouk, I tried layer states with hide layer in detail, and it does not save the layer state is that what you are referring to?

Also is this a macro python command, because I’m not much of a scripter, is there a tutorial?

Hi
LayerUtils.rhi (3.6 KB)

1. Open the RHI file
  2. Open Rhinoceros
  3. To run the command type “Ciro” in the console.

It will show you which layers are invisible and allows you to toggle their visiblity, filtering out visible layers.

I could make a custom plugin for your worksession issue and help you streamline your workflow
farouk.serragedine@gmail.com

Farouk

Hey, I just tried the plugin, and it was working, but I tried a new file, and it didn’t work, I don’t know if you faced this issue, however; there are a few nit-picky things that I would like to have plugins for, is this something you can script for our firm?

Absolutely, I’m the developer behind Visual Hull and have worked on numerous plugins as showcased on my YouTube channel Visual Hull. I’m confident that I can assist your firm in creating custom plugins tailored to your firm’s specific needs to streamline your workflow and automate repetitive task.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via email, and we can discuss the details further.

Farouk

Hey Farouk,
It’s great to make your acquaintance, I will keep you in mind for tasks and automation, it’s great to have connected.

We will be in touch, when I empty my desk of some pressing deadlines.

Thank you.

1 Like