Wish: UVN dragmode and SoftTransform

SoftTransform is a great tool,unfortunately when Softtransform is enabled, UVN dragmode does not behave as expected. It would be a great help when UVNdragmode works with softransform too.

I think this is a limitation of SubD not having UV directions. It does work with one SubD control or edit point selected though.

Thanks for your fast reply.
It does work on multiple controlpoints in Tsplines when there are no starpoints nearby.

Okay, I think you might mean the UVN mode the TS gumball had.

Post a model to show how you want to edit the SubD if you can. We may be able to do the edit another way now.

Here is an example of how I would like to edit a SubD. I would like to go from the cyan object to the blue in one go, by selecting one row of points and dragging them in the direction of the normal, with SoftTransform enabled.

Example UVN dragmode softTransform.3dm (1.7 MB)

Thanks for the file and explanation, this helps. I filed a request for MoveUVN to support SoftTransform if possible. The developer will need to look at it to see if it’s possible. https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-56770

We have a few other feature requests on file too that relate to this like RH-53123 for future reference.

1 Like

I just tested Softtransform with UVN dragging enabled in the direction of the normal, and now it works as I wished!
Thanks a lot!
Erik Hondebrink