Wish: Some Rendering Presets

It’s something that is available in some renderers [I’ve used it in Keyshot].
Setting up a few presets for some of the more common setups these can be either a starting place for more specific settings or just used as is.

I’d want one for Jewellery, and I guess Products and Interior… and perhaps others kinds…?

There are two reasons why this is needed.
1). For users that knows little about rendering, to have a good staring point relevant to what they need to render.
2) For users who has a lower end GPU [or on a Mac where GPU is Disabled] Having to wait several minutes for every tweak and adjustment to shows in the raytrace viewport.

thanks a lot
Akash

1 Like

What would be the differences between the setups?

Hi
I can only mention some basic elements as I’m not a pro or even intermediate in rendering.
But for example in the case of jewellery [which is my field]
things like: [and I may be making some errors in this list and omitting other important settings]
1)jewellery shootout Light setup + Suitable HDRI
2)A higher setting for ray bounce
3)A camera between 80 - 110mm [Macro lens]
4)A large value for F stop [can be far over what is optically possible]
5) Caustic [I think…]
6)…?

While Interior will have likely very different presets settings
and again different ones for products
and perhaps for other fields.

Ideally some of the pro rendering users in our community may be want to suggest a preset suite in their respective fields. And you can then adjust these to what is available/possible from the Mcneel team perspective.

I hope that’s make sense.
thanks a lot
Akash

Hi @Akash,

I would suggest using 2Shapes for Rhino, the new jewelry plug-in for that joins all the features from 2Shapes and Rhino to make a powerhouse entirely focused on jewelry design.

Rendering with 2Shapes for Rhino is as easy as selecting the materials and environments, and then the plugin will handle the rest.

Feel free to try it out here: https://www.2shapes.com/downloads/rhino

Don’t hesitate to contact me if have any questions.

Best regards,

Xavier Garcia

Hi Xavier
certainly, I’d love to use 2shape 4 rhino! PLEASE kindly try to convince Rafa to also develop a Mac version of your plugin!
[into V7]

with best regards
Akash

1 Like

@Akash, I will make sure your feedback reaches Rafael.

Did you try running 2Shapes for Rhino with Bootcamp?

Best regards,

Xavier Garcia

thanks
I already requested this on you guys form.
I think you 2 as a long time well known and valuable Rhino plugin developers, could try to press Mcneel team to complete does areas of the RDK [if that is the right term…?] that are missing for the Mac version development. V7 should after so many years be close to on pair with windows and 3rd party plugin should support that effort! and some already are, Like Bella, which I’m sure will be a great jewellery rendering solution integrated into the Mac rhino.
*regards bootcamp… I removed it quite a while ago, it just take a precious chunk of the ssd and never get used.

thanks a lot
Akash

1 Like

RDK (through RhinoCommon) is pretty much ready on v6 and v7.