Wish: Keys toolbar

I would like to be able to click icons that will act as if I have pressed an actual keyboard key. Here is an example menu where:

a) clicking on the left side Alt (or another key on the left) will act as a single press and hold of the keyboard’s Alt key and will stay active until I press and then release the left mouse button. That could be very handy for those who use a 3d mouse and want to safely select objects or control points with a rectangular region while not leaving the 3d mouse with their left hand. Pressing the Alt icon and then dragging with the LMB to select a bunch of control points will be equal to the regular holding the actual Alt key and region select.

b) clicking on the right side Alt (or another key on the right) will act as holding down the keyboard’s Alt key and will stay active until I press the same icon again. Pressing the right side Shift in this menu will let the user add many objects to the selection. Pressing the Shift and Alt will let the user do the same, but this time also with active safe region selection.

Maybe this will be implemented in Rhino 9, if not Rhino 8? :slight_smile:

Alternative ideas: get yourself a foot pedal. Haven’t tried it myself, but it seems like it might work.