this topic asks for a functionality similar to autodesk / alias “edit by curve”.
A complicated workarround would be possible, but lacks the support of flow command’s history for CVs.
My wish: Flow should support History, also if not the entire object is selected but also for sub-selections and CVs (of SubD and Nurbs !!)
Example: (same as in post above)
_dupEdge to get a basecurve (green)
draw a targetcurve (or _rebuild, move CVs…) (blue)
_flow edges or CVs of the SubD based on the green, along the blue curve (preserve structure, stretch)
now it would be great, if i could modify the blue target curve - and the SubD’s CVs would follow.
subD_flow_history.3dm (94.6 KB)
Above is only an example of some possible more advanced tools to edit CVs. (both nurbs and subd)
(I know there are workarounds for some of them…)
- better _matchSrf as discussed already
- lock single CV’s
- setPtPolar as discussed here
- bring together weld, stitch, aling
- _reflect and _radiate for nurbs-Surfaces and curves
- Planarize / straighten rows of CVs, similar to the planarize option of _blendSrf
- Equality distribute CVs (keep typology) internally, along U or V, along Curve, on target Surface
(Edit - added:)
- @skysurfer MoveUVN instead or in junction with the Slide
- Allow cageEdit of CVs (see here)
- … what else ?
kind regards -tom