- A GH definition with significative computation time (> 1’)
- A slider for an input parameter with the value “2.50”
- you wish to input “1.75” instead of “2.50”
There are 2 user ways to do that
“directly” on the slider. Problem: it is difficult to make the perfect mouse move to reach the 1.75 value. It is a hassle since every try provokes a new computation and it will takes (nb tries)*(computation time) until you reach the wanted value
edit the slider (RMB) and set up the value directly (at the bottom of the window) then press OK. THEN computatioon occurs. Problem: you need a a RMB and OK extra interactions compared with the “direct” way.
- allow “direct” interaction with a “refrain from computing” mode (with a Control Button pressed). The computation then starts when the Control Button is released.
Cherry on the cake:
- allow the “refrain from computing” mode for sliders in the Remote Control Panel