Wireframe guides suddenly misaligned and breaking in all my files on both computers

In shaded, ghosted and even wireframe view, the edge guides on objects are misaligned. When I zoom even closer they appear to break apart. I read that this could be caused by being too far from the origin point. So I moved the model to the origin. That’s didn’t work. I tried it on my laptop and the issues were there too. I opened older versions of the file that had no problem before. The problem was there. To make things even weirder, I started opening up some of my other files and they’re all experiencing this problem too. I didn’t notice this issue at all last night. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m the one going crazy. Can anyone help? My desktop is a Dell Alienware with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti running on an i7 with 64gigs of memory. My laptop is a walmart brand evoo gaming 17" with an i7 and 16gigs memory running a mobile Nvidia RTX 2060.

I’ve attached images and two Rhino files one from today and the other from January. The newer one is far from the origin bu the January file is not. Are you getting the same issues as me?

1-26-20 Carcalla example broken.3dm (18.7 MB)

Chunk TK 06 square windows 04-26-20.3dm (2.3 MB)

Objects that are extremely far (millions of units) from the world origin suffer from display and precision problems… https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/farfromorigin

i suspect you may have the camera target too close to the camera. thats basically the same when you zoom in an orthogonal view on a surface corner for example and keep zooming all the way in till it visually breaks apart. also weird things may happen when you have objects close to the camera in that direction. not exactly sure what the issue is. i saw it at first but after zooming out for a bit till the target starts moving and zoom back it puts it back in place.

are you using alt mouse wheel from time to time to zoom and then zooming normal? that could explain how you got there.

Hi Brandon -

No, those look fine here.
Note that if you zoom in extremely far on an edge in a perspective viewport, you will always run into issues. I’m not sure if that is what you are showing in your images.
Please run the Rhino SystemInfo command and copy-paste the result here.
-wim

Rhino 6 SR24 2020-3-19 (Rhino 6, 6.24.20079.23341, Git hash:master @ 064283610b834170e52117f2656605b5b25d65c0)
License type: Educational, build 2020-03-19
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: Brandon Lopez ()

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 64Gb)
Machine name: DESKTOP-GSVFB7H

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (NVidia) Memory: 11GB, Driver date: 4-7-2020 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 442.92

Secondary graphics devices.
Intel® HD Graphics 630 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 9-25-2019 (M-D-Y).

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 4-7-2020
Driver Version: 26.21.14.4292
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 11 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.24.20079.23341
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.24.20079.23341
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.24.20079.23341
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.24.20079.23341
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V6\VRayForRhino.rhp “V-Ray for Rhino”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedPositions.rhp “Named Position”

I think I may have figured it out. It might have been a combination of being too far from the origin point and then zooming in too closely. I followed the instructions in the link posted by Mahdiyar. Ran “RefreshShade” with my model closer to the origin point and It seems to be running good enough to keep working. Thanks for your help!

I think you’re right. Once I started having problems with one file, I might have been zooming in to close to see it in other files. I think I might have solved it with “RefreshShade” command. Thanks for your help!