Window-like panel definition using visualarq components inside

Hello,

I am trying to get familiar with grasshopper definitions used by visualarq to create a window-like panel component. The panel uses 3 different steel-profiles and I would like it to grab those profiles from the visualarq beam profiles or other ready profiles. This way, I will be able to make changes to the component with some clicks changing each profile.

I am trying to reproduce the facade of the render i have attached. So, I am open to suggestions for possible workflows, for instance:

·some panels have polycarbonic pieces in front and some only have glass
·some panels have window inside of them - should i create multiple components or could I control one with many buttons?
·those are not attached to a wall - should i create different components than windows in va?

Thanks in advance!

In case my description above is too complex, the first thing to solve is how can we have a visual arq component from a gh definition with the option of selecting the component and selecting which beam profiles to use in order to get them combined in one single visual arq component. Anyone?

Hi @zabrielza take a look at this video: https://youtu.be/EYV7evMd25I
It shows an example of a GH definition that uses a list of beam styles as a parameter. Then this GH file is used to generate a new Beam style, where it has other beams as components. But in fact, these beams are not really beams, but polysurfaces, since it is not yet possible to generate assemblies of VisualARQ objects. (That’s planned for future versions). In the GH file, you will need to explode the beam components (with the VisualARQ Explode component, so you can turn the beams into polysurfaces and plug them into a Geometry Param. Also take into account that this Grasshopper style will be only usable in documents where you have all the styles you have referenced in the GH definition.
In the case of your windows, you can generate them as Windows, and place them as floating objects as long as they are not located close enough to a wall or curtain wall axis. Otherwise, you can use the Element object to create them (you won’t need to define the profile curve then).

Thanks @fsalla for the reply. I had watched in the past this video and it is very helpful. The key word in what I am asking for is the word “assemblies” that you used in your reply and I am really looking forward to implementing this feature in later versions of Visualarq. It would be great to select a visual arq component (a complex one) and instantly have a list of the “assemblies” and parameters of them such as material, length, profiles etc, do you agree? Also, selecting the assemblies profiles while creating a component without entering in grasshopper each time and modifying the definition leading to numerous elements identical to each other with some differences in assemblies sizes, profiles etc, would really increase the speed of our work.

Regarding the tip about creating an element object instead of a window, it is a very important one and thank you for that.

In regards with the ability of creating the “window-like” panels we are talking about with buttons as input for the creation of the components in order to have 1 component with 2 situations such as a) only glass b) glass + polycarbonic 2nd layer in front, is this possible somehow?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @zabrielza

Absolutely

Yes, that’s possible. The GH file can have a Value list parameter (or a Toggle button), that depending on the selection it can generate some geometry or another. This way you can create a VisualARQ object from a GH file that can handle different representations, or like in your case, it will let you switch from different pannels’ composition.