Which cross section from the database are the angle profiles?

hi,

I can’t really figure out which profile is what cross section from the selection component. I am trying to get the wind bracing, but i can’t figure out which one are the angles as cross sections or L-profiles.

Is there any info about the full database of the standard cross sections and how those profiles look like?

Hello,

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Karamba includes any L-profiles in the cross section selector. There are some T-sections (UK and Canada for example). The nomenclature is pretty standard though for the sections it does have in the database, a google search will yield a suitable list depending on which codes you’re using.

I’ve not done it myself, but you might be able to simulate the behaviour of an L-profile using the ‘Modify Cross Section’ component however, this thread gives some information:

John.

1 Like

Hi Sgiorgioramsaroep,

I also wondered this some time ago… You can have some manual workaround for equal-leg angle profiles at this thread:

I´m still very interested in angle profiles modeling with Karamba, so please, any advances shared here will be highly welcome!

PS: I hope that future Karamba versions include L-angular profiles just as another cross-section type. They are quite common in some commercial structures. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the information Vigardo and John. :slight_smile: So for now its to modify the cross sections or make one that is close to the one i need to use with all the specifications and data.