When opening SVG hatches take a very long time to create

Hi,
I noticed that Strokes are opened very fast but Hatches take such a long time that Rhino goes into Not Responding mode.

Why? In a browser (for example), the same file is opened almost instantly, with Strokes and Hatches.

(I only tested with solid hatch)
Thanks

You’ll need to send us the problem svg for us to be able to give an answer

Well it happens with any SVG (so I attached a random one). Open first using Curves, it takes a few seconds. With Hatches it takes forever. Loading in a browser like Chrome (less than 1 second, see below).
ghadid.jpg-result-16-00-3710

Hello- my guess is, if you import that as curves and then hatch the curves, it might take a while as well.

-Pascal

yes @pascal , that is exactly what is happening. both methods take a long time. I am just wandering, how come it gets instantly loaded by any browser and in rhino it takes so much time. Can you improve whatever Rhino method is there to handle them?

oh, ps, i have a feeling that even Illustrator might handle things better.

Hi Bogdan - a solid hatch is a mesh from the outline - these are extremey complex curves and meshing will take some time.

-Pascal

Yes @pascal . This is why manipulating hatches is also slow. moving them around, scaling them. So what I was wandering if they can be improved, considering that other software is much faster. Is it possible to suggest this as an improvement for R8? Thanks again!