What's the latest greatest rendering plugin?

Your work in Rhino has inspired me for years, so glad to see you back.

1 Like

@heath great sculptures :+1: , we’ve been playing/testing with Twinmotion, looks promising. Its just been bought by Unreal who are actually giving away for free for a short time. Not sure what its like with reflective materials and surfaces- you can find and follow from this link

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

Ah, sadly Twinmotion (Ureal) has similar issues I just had testing Enscape… mirror reflections aren’t good enough, particularly if you go more than one reflection bounce deep (like two reflective surfaces reflecting each other). Bummer since this looks like a lot of fun. And way cheaper than Enscape! I may keep it for when I am doing things that don’t require reflections though. thx

yeh you can do some nice walkthroughs and quick animations too, it’s not quite Cine4D but pretty close, and a much kinder learning curve, enjoy and have fun :+1:

1 Like

This is what currently I’m pushing out of Thea

1 Like

Nice, the abbreviation in the diamonds are really nice. How long does the frames take to calculate?
This is what Raytraced manages to produce with a simple setup. It’s still grainy after a minute on a GTX1070 and the gems looks like glass though :slight_smile:

Note: I am not a jewelry designer, those shapes were just put together to test out rendering!

2 Likes

I should give you my prototype diamond material soon. That together with denoised raytraced will make a huge time saving and look much better.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s fun to play with prototypes, but please just include it in the next SR instead. Adding stuff to the 6.xx releases benefits so many more :slight_smile:
I look forward to test it out though!

And by the way, at 1500 samples the image has an acceptable amount of noise, and took 6.30 minutes.

Hi :slight_smile:

It’s about 40 seconds per frame in 600x600 so not bad at all. 1h15min to render 200 frames. Left it over night in 1000x1000 with 600 frames…it took over 10h to render but looks so smooth :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Stunning! Thanks for sharing!

great! with what kind of workstation?

I think this was on ryzen 2700+2080ti

1 Like