What is a equal Grasshopper Command to Rhino's "Merge all Faces"

Question at title. Thank you

Surface --> Util --> Merge Faces

1 Like

Thank you!

How to make one surface out of coplanar, connected faces? Because Merging is just a kind of grouping right?

I don’t think so… Why don’t you have a try with it?

I tried using Rhinos “Merge all Faces” and GH’S “Merge Faces”. Both are not really converting them in one surface face. I can see with help of the isocurves that there are still several faces

GH-Test.3dm (3.5 MB) You can see this kind of merged faces at the roof pieces

Isocurve is not an evidence of multiple surfaces.

But when I bring my merged polysurface to Explosion, it is exploded into all the peaces I originally merged. I just wan to make one, non-reversible face out of it.

As you can see, most of your roof polysurfaces are not co-planar, so you can’t merge them into one surface…

Can I do it with tolerances?

It seems working with absolute tolerance 0.1…

And how to do it with grasshopper?

Change your Rhino document tolerance --> Use Merge Faces and Recompute(F5) in GH

Is there no other way to do it with the the grasshopper tools? -Without changing the common document tollerances.

you could change the document tolerance with a c# component right before you merge all faces and then change it back with another c# component.

Rhino.RhinoDoc.ActiveDoc.ModelAbsoluteTolerance = 0.1

then merge faces

Rhino.RhinoDoc.ActiveDoc.ModelAbsoluteTolerance = 0.001

or whatever your document tolerance was prior to changing it.
or better would be to just do it all in one c# component: change tolerance, merge, change tolerance back.

1 Like

What about the equivalent to Rhino’s “merge all edges”? “simplify curve” doesn’t always work.