Wall with wall type from Brep

I am having issues creating a wall from a Brep.

I can create a mass family in revit from rhino then apply wall by face but revit will only apply half of my “ribbon” wall with a wall type.

I guess my question is can I create a wall with a type from a Brep and apply a wall type to it?

For a better understanding of what I am trying to accomplish I have included images.

Create a Mass family to host a Wall, something like this: Roof massing to real Revit roof family

@scottd thank you for the reply.

I have tried the mass approach but get the “Can’t make Face Wall shape” error. See image below.

I can get the skin in as material wall, but it really does not do me any good because I cannot apply any additional data to it.

I have modelled the mass in Revit using points that I triangulated, and it takes the wall by face command. I wanted to use Rhino’s superior modelling to generate the mass. My hope was that there was a way to generate the building envelope using a Brep and apply the wall type to that.

Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way.

There is a lot going on in this model, it is hard to determine which strategy to use.

1. If the geometry is coming in as a mesh, then that means Revit is rejecting the BREP. So determining why that is the first issue to solve. I expect the original cone shape need to be hit with the rebuild command to make it a Degree 3 surface in both directions. Currently Revit is struggling with Degree 2 surfaces. We are looking into that.
  2. The Mass must be part of a Family/Type/Instance/Form, not a Directshape. It seems like a subtle difference, but it is one of the most important distinctions to understand with Revit. Here is a guide on creating real Form geometry: Rhino.Inside®.Revit

Here is a test model I did:

Hopefully this helps. If you want to put the file up here, I can take a closer look at it.

The Mass can be inserted twice if the Roof needs to be made from the same form.