Assigning or modifying Type properties/parameters for geometry from Rhino

Hello Japhy, and thank you for your reply.

I found a post elsewhere, by you, explaining this, and tested it. The problem then becomes DirectShapes not having a Keynote parameter, as the Element Parameter outputs the error; “Parameter ‘keynote’ is not defined in ‘element’”.

I trawled through the RIR forum, and found this post (See Scott Davidsons reply):
https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/wall-with-wall-type-from-brep/109991/5?u=andreas5
Creating my terrain as a generic model family through his method, allows me to edit type and thus to edit the keynote. Consequently, by creating a family within a subcategory of generic model, this also gives me greater control over my terrain visually in my views. It even allows me to edit the family within revit, and pulling some (very limited) controls on my very abstract terrain surface. Although I cannot generate this family within the Topography category (the component does not yield an explanatory error message), and that it appears to only work with the generic model category, this does seem to solve all my problems.

In general i find this to be -the- method of approach for any non-native revit shape going from Rhino → Revit, and the guides should, in my opinion, put more emphasis on the benefits of this method. In my company’s case, noone else is capable of editing the geometry through RIR, but with the family-method they can easily change description, keynote and even materials on individual breps within the family, within revit itself.