Wall face hatch

Hello there
is possible to assign some hatch to the face of the wall? f.e. bricks etc. making it visible in rhino views and elevations.

Thanks for answer :slight_smile:

Petr

Hi, this is only possible if you draw a hatch manually on the wall surface, but not as a wall attribute. We have plans to add this feature in future versions though.

1 Like

That would be awesome. take my money!!! :smile:

Great! No big deal, just curious.

One thing I have dealt with today is, that there is a problem to assign some hatch to a block object. No hatch in plan view…I know cutting blocks is quite problematic right now, isn’t it?

@petumatr , section attributes don’t work on geometry inside blocks or on blocks directly. We are working on to fix that.
Regards,

@petumatr this problem has been fixed in VisualARQ 2.2 version: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.2 released

I have some problems in VARQ 2.11.3 where I apply section hatch attributes to a elements inside a block (normal rhino block drawing a window), but all the attributes do not populate.

Here it shows incorrect:

It seems that if I click around in the right combination, I can get them to display properly but I once managed to ‘populate’ the attributes in this area (having the same block), but it reverted to display in an inconsistent way. Again, it shows incorrect here:

Does anyone have tips for working with Blocks & section attributes?
I should note that these are nested blocks, giving the display errors.
And, when I re-entered a nested block, I found that I had to define ALL attributes for ALL elements inside that block, even if I was modifying only ONE attribute for ONE element.

Hi Kevin,
You need to assign the section attributes to the geometry inside the block used for the door or the window. If you eventually need to change these section attributes, you can edit the block.
If this is still not working for you, please send us a file we can test this with (to visualarq@asuni.com).

Hi Francesc,
Great.
I will export a block and test again.

I was following these steps when reporting the issue, but after I export the block and isolate the problem, I will check again and send you a file with a better explanation.

Thanks!