Wall by face doesn't respect the face of the conceptual mass?

Finally, I get around to properly testing out Rhino.Inside.Revit. I have am creating my models parametrically in Fusion 360 and pushing it to Revit as IGES using RiR. The thing is, Revit’s Wall by Face tool always creates perpendicular wall ends (see bottom left) and it fails to properly follow the face on the bottom right:

The face is a single, simple spline that is extruded up, but the ground floor is longer than the floors above. Are there other methods using RiR that will allow me to place the wall with the correct shape? I’ll be working on a couple of buildings like this and don’t really feel like tailoring a script to each building given that they may still change during the process.

The file in question that I need to bring in:
U-block - NE.iges (48.8 KB)

Nevermind, the solution is in this thread:

@Japhy Not sure if what I am seeing is expected behaviour or just a Revit bug. What do you think?

1 Like

I would need more information about what you are doing. What’s your Grasshopper look like?

Are you trying to make planar geometry? The face has arcs and is out of plane.

This was Revit’s wall by face tool, not Grasshopper generated yet. So I figure it’s a bug with the Revit tool is what I was asking. I’ll be toying around with the RiR components. See how its wall by face equivalent works. If it is indeed a Revit bug, I want to report it.
I have a few ideas to get it to where I want it. Lot’s of really cool opportunities with RiR that I see already. :+1:

It’s weird that the curve isn’t planar, it should be planar XY. Upon checking in Rhino, it is. But yes, the wall is supposed to be curved.

HI Japhy, I was wondering if there is a way to add the wall structure parameter to a wall direct shape family, which is categorized as a wall

Hi Osama,

This one? That enables the Analytical Model? No that is a System Family Parameter.

okay thank you for your response