Wacom Cintiq or Intuos with Rhino

I have a XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro Drawing Tablet with Screen ( the Upgraded version of Artist 15.6 ).it has a 15.6-inch display with full HD resolution (1,920 x 1,080), It can produce 88 per cent of the NTSC colour palette . it’s stylus support 8, 192 pressure levels and tilt recognition. it was a cheaper alternative to wacon cintiq tablet . more details: https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/394.html

a Screen DrawingTablet is not a “must have” for Rhino.
My Artist 15.6 Pro graphics Display is really useful for painting and sculpting purposes.
But on a Screen Drawing Tablet Your hand often covers the screen, so You don’t see what happens on it.
I dont’t like working directly on the screen when I’m using Rhino.

2 Likes

I have used Wacom Intuos before. It is small but perfect for my needs at the time, but now for the other.

I just upgraded to win 10 from 7. I had my Wacom pen with Intuos pro working great in win 7 but now finding a glitch in win 10 that I haven’t found the solution for yet. In 7 the lower button of the pen would register as a right click to end a line or re-invoke a command. I now find this not to be the case in running Rhino 6 in Win 10. So far everything else seems to work.
Any quick advise? And TIA for your time :slight_smile:
Gary D

Hi Gary,
Does this help?

Hey Jarek, that seems like a logical answer but the driver panel, and I assume you mean in device manager?? doesn’t have a calibration tab.
G

it should be in the Wacom Tablet Properties, no?

1 Like

OK, On my older Intuos small, the command was in another location but your suggestion was very useful in helping me to find it. Thank you!! Resolved!
G

It would be great if the gestures could be set to execute a right mouse drag to navigate in the grasshopper canvas. On a two screen setup, the tablet would be set to one screen only. This could help reduce distances moving the mouse left and right from one screen to the other.

1 Like

If you have the latest Intuos Pro, you should really try the Pro Pen 3D. The buttons are pre-programmed for Zoom, Pan and Orbit, but you don’t lose the right click option either. Keep this string going please. Definitely disable Ink on the Pen/calibrate tab as well (win only). It makes it much more usable.

3 Likes

That’s nice, unfortunately my Intuos Pro is just PTH-651 and not compatible with the Pro Pen 3D :pensive:

Are there other benefits for the 3D pen apart from the view manipulation options over the regular pen?
Those that are using a 3DConnextion, will have no use for these navigation/zoom options in Rhino. would be interesting though for other Apps that do not support 3DConnextion [like Zbrush]
I’ts 100$ in the US, so at least 150$ here.

Akash

anyone having a double click issue with the wacom intuos? i have a intuos 4.