VSR end of Life-

As I said many times, working with VSR changed my way of thinking about surface modeling.

I agree that independently of any third-party plugin project, the core of Rhino needs to grow and especially group tools having the user’s workflow in mind.

• control points modeling The most important thing I think we need is a panel for direct modeling tools like the this. We have almost all of these tools scattered and hidden for not experienced users.
    UVN, Drag mode, soft mode, gumball, points selection panel, organic toolbar, extend edge (plugin).
    The T-Splines Viewport hud, had also some interesting ideas to get inspired. Many of these UX/UI ideas were the result of beta testing and suggestions from users.

• Global edges Continuity We need to integrate another incredible plugin by @Gijs that it’s similar if not better than then one in VSR.

• Persistent zebra/lights analysis with the chance to move the direction of the light and not just the model.

• Symmetry tools integrated, [Pascal Script] (NEXT surface tools - #36 by pascal) to create a symmetrical surface (average around a cplane, or giving priority to a master side).

• projection Base already explained by @sgreenawalt

• Surface/Curve approximation tool is also great. recent post

• Match/Multimatch Match with history is much better now, but I agree that there is space for enhancements, like others mentioned.

You can take a look at some of my post during these years.

About Kajto, I’m not sure if I want to invest time and money in helping developers to get a mature product again, without any guarantee.

10 Likes