Vray 5 Log Window, errors, doesn't render

Hi everyone,
Here is my problem:
I reinstalled vray 5 on my rhino 7 three times completely: automatically + deleting all the chaos folders manually.
Constantly getting “V Ray Log Window”. It renders my interior model sometimes but most of the time it does not. Today I created a small scene in a new rhino file and it was rendering OK.
What can I do to save my working interior file?
Also when I was deleting the vray, it said that an error occured, so that I had to remove the files manually (second screen-shot).

Thank you!
Sofia

Hello Sofia,

Which version you are running? make sure you install the latest version from Chaos

Hi Tay!
Yes, im running the latest version from Chaos.

can you run the installer again? it seems that It didn’t install properly
@Nikolay need some help here.

I unistalled vray 5 and reinstalled it several times, with the help of installer as well as removing remaining files from this route manually: C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray. Could it be that I still forgot something?

try to remove these files as well:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup

Hi,

The installer problem is not something we can control. The Operating System cannot delete these two folders for some reason. There are literally hundreds of potential reasons for this - console sessions, Windows Explorer opened the folder, indexing services, antivirus… you name it.
Manual deletion of leftover folders after the installer is complete is absolutely OK.

On the other problem.
I took a look at the code and it is quite clear what is going on, however it is unclear why. My best guess is that the scene is quite old and it may contain wrongly serialized data. Corrupted data due to migration is also an option. I can’t be sure though, so if possible, Ogarkovaphia, could you contact Chaos support to securely send the model (.3dm is enough), also what you exactly do to get the error message out. Guys there will make sure it reaches me

Thanks

2 Likes