Voronoi with gradient cell

hi
i was wondering if there is a way of creating gradient hatches or surfaces for voronoi cells
I thought about using fab tools for hatch until i realized there is no gradient hatch within rhino. so that was out the window.

i would need the cells to look like this. the direction of the gradient can/should be random. and only one directional

any ideas?
greatfull for any suggestion as always
thanks
chris

I hope this will help you. Just change the gradient present to get this type of black and white colour. This is the old thread solution by @HS_Kim in grasshopper3d website

I believe he means to gradient within a cell. In which case you could make each cell a mesh and gradient via adding colors to the C input of the construct mesh component.

1 Like

hi
yeah i ment per cell. will try that out now :smiley:
thanks for the tip

hi
as Michael already said i am trying to do it per cell :smiley: but still thanks for trying to help

This is a way using mesh colour.

GradientHatch.gh (10.0 KB)

3 Likes

jup this was it
here is my final file if someone ever needs :smiley:
20180104_gradient voronoi cell.gh (14.9 KB)

1 Like

As @Michael_Pryor said i did this definition it will more interesting and simple we can get different gradient colors too
GradientHatch.gh (10.0 KB)

i like this approach since it is less work heave than kim’s -> will have a lot of cells later on
but i have 1 issue with it. you have a mesh out of 4 points
if i create a voronoi pattern and convert the cell to a mesh. I don’t get 1 face with multiple vertecies per cell -> i get multiple faces per cell -> and the collering with this method results in this:

do you know how to create an ngon from the voronoi cells? so i dont have multiple faces per cell? :smiley:

@chris.pm share this definition I’ll work on it and find you some better ways

20180104_gradient voronoi cell v2.gh (8.4 KB)

the issue is that it doesn’t coler per mesh but per face :confused: i think ^^

@chris.pm Cool idea

1 Like

looks nice!

would you mind sharing an image of your definition? i am facing an issue maybe you got the solution for it :smiley:

There is nothing special. I open an image file that is converted to mesh, then populate it with points, then Voronoi, then meshing voronoi with @HS_Kim solution for meshing.
Then find to extreme point (here in diagonal, but could be random), find the color at these extreme. These colors are used for a gradiant (the equation).
voronoi gradiant.gh (14.5 KB)

6 Likes