Volvox for Rhino 6

Tell me please! Volvox plugin not working in Rhino 6 anymore?
It just seems like it hasn’t been updated for a long time (

Thanks

I just couldn’t import my e57 file. Unfortunately :slightly_frowning_face:

Works for me.
Also in Rhino6 you can import e57 directly to rhino.

1 Like

Okay, can you try importing some e57 file into Rhino via Volvox right now? Please!

One month ago I had a student workshop, so 10 students with windows pc managed to run e57 and other methods.

Unless you have mac it wont work.

1 Like

Wait, I have Windows. This is problem?

1 Like

But be aware that location on your pc of E57 file is relevant.
We had several pc, where files on desktop wont load.
Infact there were continous loading, either Rhino 5 , 6 or Wip

2 Likes

Yes, good, but :slightly_frowning_face:

Maybe you could directly contact @MateuszZwierzycki or CITA guys?

1 Like

Yes, thank you so much! :smiley: I tried another file and everything is fine!

@MateuszZwierzycki, @HenrikEvers, good day! :slight_smile:

I really need your Volvox plug-in, it’s a very good development, but in my case I often get various errors, for example, the results of laser scanning in original colors from ReCap are simply not supported. Can we give him a second wind and move him into wider circles? What do you think? Is it possible?

I found this library, but it’s too HEAVY ((

Hey,
Volvox plugin was developed as a part of the DURAARK research project, while Henrik and me worked at CITA a couple of years ago. Currently we’re working in different companies… If you have some ideas for Volvox development you should contact Martin Tamke from CITA (he was our boss back then).
Another solution would be to develop a Rhino import plugin for ReCap file formats and then reference the point clouds in GGH

Best,
Mateusz

1 Like

Yes! Thank you for responding so quickly

The idea of ​​getting all the data straight from ReCap (rcp file) is a brilliant idea! Especially if you need to get the same panoramic photos, now this is done rather roughly.

@martin.tamke – Hello, can Volvox plug-in get a second life? Can we make a small update? :slight_smile:

Hi,

I had exactly the same error as you did on the previous screenshot and can’t seem to figure out what the error is. I tried moving the e57 file from my desktop to a different location with no luck. Can you share how you fixed it?

Thank you

Hi, you need to try to import it into CloudCompare program, and export it (also cleaned this point cloud from some data maybe), then try Volvox again.

1 Like