VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.0.14 released

architecture
plugin
grasshopper
visualarq
unhandled
update

(Enric Marquès) #1

Hi,

VisualARQ 2.0.14 is now available for download.

This is a minor release that solves most of the issues reported by users. Please report any problem or suggestion here or send us an email to visualarq@asuni.com.

Here is the list of changes:

Changes:

  • Grasshopper Components:
    • Baking multiple VisualARQ objects is now much faster.
  • Grasshopper Styles:
    • Added Position, Rotation and Scale properties to annotation object.

Fixed bugs:

  • Grasshopper Components:
    • Fixed a crash when running a Python script when VisualARQ Components were loaded.
  • Grasshopper Styles:
    • 2D and 3D representation was merged on plan views when object was inside a block.
    • 2D representation was visible on all level plan views.
  • Hidden Vector Output:
    • Objects inside scaled blocks were not correctly hidden.
  • Section hatches on Rhino native objects were sometimes not visible on raster-mode print.
  • There were a bad object in the VisualARQ 2 templates.
  • vaWallSplit command changed the alignment of contained doors and windows.
  • Snap points on VisualARQ objects inside blocks didn’t work.
  • Walls extended to composite roofs didn’t take into account the roof insertion matrix.
  • vaSpace command sometimes failed to create new space objects from points on perspective views.
  • Fixed a crash when modifying the size of a custom profile with interior holes.
  • Fixed a crash in the vaStair command when closing the “Stair” panel before the command was ended.
  • Zoo Plugin: the build version shown on the setup was not correct.
  • Online Validation failed when VisualARQ was running in German language.
  • 30-day evaluation was ended if license mode was changed. Now it is possible to return to evaluation mode.
  • Help link on “License modes” page on the license wizard now links to the translated page.

Known bugs and limitations:

  • Expressions in Grasshopper Params are ignored when displaying the value on VisualARQ properties panel.
  • VisualARQ objects inside blocks or linked files are not shown correctly in plan and section views.

Enjoy!

Enric


#2

VaUpdate Freezes for Plan Views

Windows 8 Pro (x64) Version 6.2.9200 Build 9200

Rhino Version 5 SR14 64-bit (5.14.522.8390, 5/22/2017)

VisualARQ 2.0.18.12031 – (2018/02/12)

When vaUpdate is run on a plan view the process does not complete. The CPU usage will ramp up momentarily and then fall to ~0% and the progress bar will say “VisualARQ: Regenerating graphics…0%” and not move. Rhino will completely freeze up and you have to kill the process from the task manager to get it to close. If I try to update multiple va objects by running vaSelAll and vaUpdate usually the CPU usage will ramp up, the progress bar will increase to a value less than 100%, then stop, CPU usage will fall to ~0% and Rhino will completely freeze up and you have to kill the process from the task manager to get it to close. I have not had any issue trying to update individual Section Views.

I have provided two files here: http://www.goldenfab.com/temp_share/Bug_Report/

The “Shop6.3dm” file does not have a problem. I made changes and additions which cause the problem in “Shop7_Bad.3dm”. I have not been able to figure out which changes are causing this issue. The only work around I have found is to delete the plan view and create another one. I had originally dismissed this but now I have another design I am working on that is having the same problem.


(Enric Marquès) #3

Hi @Adam_Goldenstein.

This bug is already fixed in VisualARQ 2.0.19, which is not yet published.

Here is the latest build of VisualARQ 2.0.19 for Rhino 5 (64-bit):
https://visualarq.s3.amazonaws.com/download/visualarq-2.0.19.12141-rhino5-x64-setup-snapshot.msi

Please, try it and let me know if the problem persist, as I plan to release VisualARQ 2.0.19 this week.

Thanks,

Enric


#4

Hi @enric,

I just tried the 2.0.19 build you shared. It has appeared to resolve the issue I was having. I tried on three different files that had the problem and it now works.

Thanks a bunch for the quick fix!

Adam