Visual arq steps gone crazy above 36 '

Hi VisualArq Team

Any time I make steps above 36 ’ high they go crazy.

With both normal balanced steps and spirals?
Please see attached images.

You’ll have to upload the 3dm file for somebody to debug.

Hi @seanSpace VisualARQ stairs don’t work well when they turn over themselves. We are aware of this bug and it’s waiting for its turn to be fixed. In case of spiral stairs, they only accept turning angle values below 360 degrees, so this is another limitation we expect to improve in future versions.
In both cases, as a workaround, you can use more than 1 stair.

Thank you. I get that the programme is developing. Is there a searchable file where all the known bugs are listed? I often spend hours trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong when it’s actually a known bug. So it would be very helpful to have a repository of known bug info.

1 Like

Agreed, I find the development of VisualARQ super interesting, but there are great advantages in having a developmental log of upcoming features, bugfixes and milestones as well as, of course, a Bug log.

Hi @seanSpace there’s an internal list of bugs and wishes, pending to be fixed or developed, but it’s not public. Please post any question you have in this forum, and we will give you an answer as soon as possible.

1 Like

@seanSpace Good news, we have fixed this stair bug in VisualARQ 2.4, which is already available to download: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.4 released

1 Like

Great thank you.

@fsalla Hi Francesc. Hope you are well. I have 2.4 but t does not allow the turning circle to go above 360. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Andrew

I need to make a spiral stair with a turning angle of 450 but i am really struggling here. Please anyone…

Many thanks

Hi @andrew6

Unfortunately it is not possible yet to create spiral stairs with a turning angle higher than 360.
We will contact you once we solve this issue.

Kind regards

Hi @RamonC … Thank you for getting back to me. I will just still add to my list which I am going to send via email to you and Francesc.

Thank you, Andrew