VisualARQ 2.4 is now available for download.
This release includes some new features and solves most of the issues reported by users. Please report any problem or suggestion here or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the list of changes:
- VisualARQ Script API: RhinoCommon compatible SDK to create, query and edit VisualARQ objects in the document. Currently only about 30% functionality is exposed in the API. If you need more information, contact email@example.com.
- Added Create Section View Grasshopper Component.
- Added Section Options Grasshopper Components.
- Added Parameter Grasshopper Component to select document parameters.
- Added depth parameter in Create Section Grasshopper Component.
- TAB key works with VisualARQ control points to lock direction.
- Rhino 6 SR11 is now required.
- Unattended VisualARQ installation can set license mode to “Network”.
- Removed all videos from the context help as they may cause crashes in some computers.
- Improved speed when computing spaces.
- Added “Food4Rhino” link the VisualARQ main menu.
- vaStylesImport command replace existing styles with the same name as the imported ones.
- vaStylesImport command shows a warning when some styles couldn’t be imported.
- Improved display speed of VisualARQ objects, up to 5x in model and 3x in layout.
- Stair control points couldn’t be selected by windows or crossing.
- Fixed many stair slab generation issues.
- Fixed a bug that make some step slabs disappear on balanced stair with a small radius.
- Fixed some bugs when computing spiral stairs.
- Fixed a bug when increasing the “Bottom Slab Thickness” in spiral stairs.
- Fixed a bug that makes appear a hole between step and riser slabs in balanced stairs
- Fixed a bug that import doors and windows without the opening in the host wall.
- Fixed a crash when opening some IFC files.
- Missing objects when importing an IFC without required “Model”
- Grasshopper Components:
- All profile creation components check that measures are valid.
- Some document parameters were duplicated when baking objects.
- Fixed a crash in the VisualARQ Set Property component.
- Grasshopper Styles:
- Doors and windows may not create the opening when there are more than one host wall.
- Doors and windows generate an opening bigger than necessary in some cases.
- Fixed a crash when changing a “Brep” parameter value of a Grasshopper Style.
- Fixed an issue that make difficult to control the wall to attach to when moving doors and windows from a lateral control point.
- Fixed a bug that make walls disappear when extending to some polysurfaces.
- Fixed a bug when extending walls to multiple polysurfaces.
- Section line marks weren’t correctly scaled when document units where changed.
- Fixed a crash when opening a 3DM.
- Flip direction context menu option is only shown in for elements.
- License mode dialog couldn’t be canceled when license was expired.
- Meshes were missing from 2D previews.
- vaWall FromSolid command didn’t attach door and windows to the wall in some cases.
- Some changed were not applied after clicking the Apply button in the curtain wall style editor.
- Solid modifiers in beams were moved or stretched when modifying the beam control points.
- Scale icon showed an incorrect measure in HiDPI displays.
- Level marks were shown in an incorrect elevation on HiDPI displays.
- Fixed scale icon blurry appearance.
- Fixed a bug when copying roofs between document with different units.
- Network license was not working in Rhino 5 (32-bit).
- Fixed a bug in vaSlabSubtract command when selection non-horizontal slabs.
- Some doors and windows were imported rotated 90º.
- “By Parent” material was not correctly handled in some cases.
- Fixed a crash in the vaFillet command.
- Fixed a crash when inserting a document with VisualARQ objects as a block instance inside another document.
- Rhino hangs when inserting a 3DM as block instance.
- Some elements and annotations were missing when opening some documents.
- Fixed a bug when creating a block from a column.
- Per object display mode was ignored when printing in vector output mode.
- Wrong realtime section color in Realistic viewports.
- Sometimes, VisualARQ properties tabs were missing in the properties panel.
- Fixed a bug that updates all objects when editing parameters in the style editor.
- Fixed a crash when VisualARQ was loaded after pasting a command in the command line.
- VisualARQ objects were not duplicated when using the Duplicate layer and objects context menu option in the layer manager.
- Layer off in detail was ignored when printing in vector output mode.
- File format hasn’t been changed in this release. Files saved with VisualARQ 2.4 can be opened with VisualARQ 2.3.
- This release requires Lands Beta VIII, previous versions are not compatible and commands may not work or cause stability issues.