Viewport Tabs? in Rhino 8

Is there a way to have this viewport ribbon in Rhino 8?
I prefer to have 1 click to change viewports over 4 clicks.

It should be on the bottom by default. Go to Window>WindowLayouts and set to default. or type WindowLayouts to access the dialog

@Japhy MG, thank you, I feel like my grandmother when she stopped using e-mail because they moved the Send button. LOL

@Japhy
Is there a way to move it to the top???

Anyone?

Were you able to go to Window>WindowLayouts and set to default?

There currently isn’t a way to switch the location on the MAC for Rhino 8. There is a support ticket logged for this feature to be added.

I think this is being tracked in this item:

RH-78567 UI Appearance: Option to hide viewport tabs

but it might be piggy-backing.

Yes, they are there at the bottom, but mousing all the way to the bottom of the screen several times a minute when all my toolbar buttons and the viewport drop down are all at the top of the screen just seems like a miss for my workflow.
Thanks!

Any updates here? Really want to start using Rhino 8 more, but again, mousing all the way to the bottom of the screen to change viewports is driving me mad.

Hi -

As far as I know, changing this is not something that is on the list for Rhino 8.

FWIW, on Windows you can put those anywhere around the viewports, but still I’ve always felt they are out of reach. One of the first things I modify in Rhino is adding an alias for MaxViewPort. This switches between a maximized active viewport and the 4-view layout and lets me quickly maximize the view I want without having to move my mouse outside the viewport area.
-wim

That’s very disappointing to read. It is literally the only thing I’ve come across so far keeping me from switching over to 8 / upgrading.
I don’t plan to switch to Windows anytime soon, I thought the Mac and Windows versions getting more similar would prevent stuff like this from becoming an issue.