Mac - Layout Page docked to Viewports, like on PC version?

On PC, you can make your Layout page just another clickable viewport tab. Is Mac only able to have a “Floating” Layout window? If so, that means with only one monitor, it either hides all the toolbars, or I have to shrink my main window and slide my Layout window next it?

Help!

(John Brock) #2

As I understand it, that behavior isn’t possible in Mac Rhino.

you can set up ‘tabs’ in mac version, view menu,-show tabs bar, also in preferences general, there are tabbed options

(John Brock) #4

@dan or @marlin will have to chime in on the specifics.
When we first previewed these new tools before they were released to the public, the limitation was asked about and all I recall is it wasn’t currently possible (or desirable to Mac users), to mimic the Windows Rhino behavior.

Perhaps a better question is if you are happy with Windows Rhino, why are you messing around with Mac Rhino?

Thanks, Milezee but I don’t see that option anywhere…?

I have my PC coming, and I’m learning right now on my Mac until I can make the transition…

I don’t know much about the windows set up, this is my mac set up for tabs and working between different models and layouts

Wow, I don’t have either of those options! On v5.3.1

Alan

uhmmm, not sure then, hopefully the mcneel chaps will chime in, i’m running the same, v5 5.3.1 , Sierra OSX

Tabs interface is a feature of Mack OS sierra.

https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/tabs-in-rhinowip/38559

you need Sierra for the feature.

tabbing any application is now system wide… Rhino ties into this capability and has been further customized by mcneel

[edit]
ha… what he :point_up_2: said [/edit]

Ah, ok then. Thanks for the answer!

Alan