Vector printing bug with 2D geometry in plan in hidden display mode

Dear @fsalla,

I want to report a small bug: The print color is wrong for 2d geometry of visualarq element for detail specific print colors. To reproduce:

1. I Place a visualarq door, any 2d geometry (line) and 3d geometry (box) in the model.
  2. Place a detail on a layout
  3. Detail in hidden display mode
  4. Toggle cut plan on in levels panel and take the door/line/box in the viewport.
  5. When having the detail active set a print color for that specific detail.
  6. Print the layout in vector mode.

The bug is that the print color for the 2D geometry of the door (opening line for example) is the general print color and it should be the print color of that has been set in the specific detail.

Please use the following file for the test.
test printing with door.3dm (2.9 MB)

It would be great if this can be resolved as I’m using the detail specific print color for exisintg/demolition/new purposes.

Thank you and best wishes,
David

Hi @david25,

The problem is that the doors have the “Print Color” attribute set to “By Display”, which means they will use the display color:

After changing it to “By Layer” like the other attributes, Print Preview seems to use the same color for VisualARQ and Rhino objects:

I think VisualARQ objects have the “Print Color” attribute set to “By Display” by default. I can’t remember if this is intentional, but maybe we should reconsider this default behavior.

Enric

It seems like it was a default behavior fairly recently. “By Layer” would be much more helpful by default.

Dear @enric,

Thank you for your answer.
It would indeed be great if this default behaviour could be changed. Like @arcus I think that ‘By Layer’ would be more logical.

Best wishes,
David

@arcus, @david25 We will change the Print Color of VisualARQ objects to “By Layer” in the next updates.

1 Like