Vault karamba3d rigid body

Hi everyone,
I have this error when I try to analyze the model.
I read some other topics with rigid body modes but I couldn’t understand how to deal with it in my file.
vault_gh_karamba.gh (91.2 KB)

1. There are 138 rigid body modes in the system. This means some parts can move freely without causing deformation.
    Try to use the ‘Eigen Modes’-component and activate the display of local coordinate axes: The first eigen-mode will be the rigid body motion.
    If this does not help, check whether you have a pinned support directly attached to a hinge. A hinge introduces an extra node which may cause the problem.
    When analyzing a flat shell structure one has to lock the rotation perpendicular to the plate in at least one node.

Thanks in advance for your help ^^

Hi,

you have alot of small and duplicate lines here, also the mesh is a bit messy in this region. Therefore Karamba gives you these errors.

Hi @matttam,
Thanks for your answer.
How did you do to display the mesh as it ?
Did you know if those errors (rigid body modes) change a lot the values when looking to the displacement ?
And did you know how can I remove the duplicates lines ?

Sorry I am quite a beginner ^^
Thanks in advance

Hi, i baked the mesh into rhino to see how it looks. The problem with your overlapping lines, is that it produces discrepancies in your model, and the results could be inaccurate. You can see with the eigenmodes component that in this area, those beams are problematic. You need to clean up the initial geometry before bringing it into Karamba. For example where the Doubleaux beams connect to the Formerets (beams), there are elements which are very close together.