V7 wish: hidden line of technical mode similar v5 or more presentable

test v6.pdf (211.6 KB) test-v5.pdf (213.7 KB)

Adding on to this:

It would be cool if, in Layouts, _HideInDetail worked on subobjects.

Better: It would be even cooler if there was a Layout command that allowed the user to select specific subobjects for hidden line display. I think this would go a long way toward making (forgive the metaphor) Ikea-style technical drawings easier to produce.

Maybe the addition of selection groups in Rhino 7 makes this easier to implement?

Hi - doing “something” with the Technical display mode is on the list of things to look at.

Could you provide an example of something that you are trying to achieve?
-wim

I’ll post something next time I’m near a computer, but a good example would be a furniture part with dowel holes in it.

Ideally it would be easy to use subobject selection to make the dowel holes show up with hidden lines, while no other hidden lines on the part appeared (for instance, major outside edges that are hidden behind the part would show up as dotted lined).

any modify on v7 may be?

1 Like

no anyone have this problem?

1 Like

yes, where the bleep are hidden line options in v7?

seriously ht de-evolution ffs.

Go to the display panel and you will find the hidden line option.

What I would like to see in the future is some more control over the hidden lines. Especially the linetype scale.

Dan

1 Like

not seeing it anywhere

in Technical and Artistic display mode

1 Like

deleting it and rebooting did the trick here: What happened to hidden line features in technical drawings? - #17 by lander

There is any improve in v8 for hidden line?