V7 wip slow with large files

Hi,
I don’t know what’s wrong with V7 but once I get a file over 270 megs V7 slows to stuttering and waiting before each and every command. It also slows and stutters before and after any viewport rotations and selecting items. I went back to v6 and do not see these games stopping lags.
Hope you guys can tune this I even tried to convert my subds to meshes and delete the subds and still the lags were there.
RM

please run the systeminfo command in rhino and post the result here.

@theoutside
Here’s the requested info.
I have not noticed better performance in V7 compared to V6 like McNeel claims, for me it’s the opposite. Blocks don’t seem quicker the viewport stutters and gets caught on pan other annoying glitches but mostly occurs when working on larger files.
Thanks for taking a look,
RM

Rhino 7 SR0 2020-5-19 (Public Build, 7.0.20140.14505, Git hash:master @ 5be1555b6645f57ae8aded817179476da66181b6)
License details: Stand-Alone
Expires on: 2020-07-03

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Hybrid graphics system.
Primary display: Intel® HD Graphics 530 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 11-18-2018 (M-D-Y).
Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 4-3-2020 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 445.87

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 4-3-2020
Driver Version: 26.21.14.4587
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.0.20140.14505
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.0.20140.14505
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.0.20140.14505
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.0.20140.14505
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.0.20140.14505
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

You’re running “Hybrid” graphics system with an old Intel driver.

See if you can disable the Intel chip in Windows Device Manager.
You’ll probably have to restart but that little integrated graphics chip is not helping you at all.

If your system doesn’t like that, plan B is up update the Intel driver.

I’m not running that card in Rhino and I don’t see how disabling it will do anything. You missed which card I’m using in Rhino. Running latest nvidia driver.
RM

You are mistaken about how a “Hybrid” graphics system works and what a bad idea it is in practice.
I gave you my best advice.

The rest is up to you.
I’ll not argue.

RM

We are going to need the file to try to repeat this.

Andy

@John_Brock and @theoutside just as an fyi, I would venture to guess that these symptoms are not directly tied to display. When stuttering occurs at specifc moments like beginning of a command or the selected items change this is commonly some other part of Rhino’s user interface doing too much work to update it’s state based on the changes that just occurred. Hopefully we’ll be able to get a file that repeats the issue.

Now that I’ve written this Murphy’s Law will make it that this really is a display issue.