Upper Wall Segment Overlapping Ceiling Intersections

Trying to figure out how to most efficiently create the segment of wall coloured in red below?
It’s where a Va Slab object, a Va Roof object, and a Va Wall object intersect.

Hi @djhg ,

What I would do is to make “Wall x” and the red one together and extend (_vaWallExtend) it from the bottom until the roof.

RoofWallIntersection1

Another option is to create two sets of walls, one for the ones below the intersection between the Roof and the “Wall y” and another one for the ones above.

RoofWallIntersection

Check out the model with both options Wall-Roof-Intersection.3dm (3.1 MB)

1 Like

Thanks Ramon.

I have obtained slightly different results, maybe because I am using a shed roof of 0 slope instead of a slab for the flat part (because can’t extend to slabs as per Trimming Walls to Roof and Slabs, and Trimming Roof)

Problem 1 is 2 fold a) the rooves have a notch where they intersect. b) the walls don’t clean up.

Things get really out of whack when I extend a nearby (but unrelated) wall to the roof:

This GIF also shows that there are a couple of shards of wall shooting up at the intersection of the flat and sloped rooves. Perhaps this is because the top of the roof is what roof objects are designed to be aligned with, whereas on my project, which is a set design, only the ceiling plane is important so those are the intersections to which I snap the intersecting rooves (which leaves a gap in the top of the roof surface through which it seems the wall protrudes). Maybe this explains the notches in problem 1 Can I change this performance to attend to the underside of the rooves rather than the top plane?

1 Like

Hi,

Yes the first problem is because you used a roof instead of a slab, we are going to solve that issue for future versions.

About the other issues it would be easier if we could check the model. Could you send it to visualarq@asuni.com ?

Thanks

1 Like

OKay Ramon. I’ve emailed you a link to dropbox folder containing the file. After saving and opening the file the anomalous wall extensions appearing above are gone, but the cleanup issue is still there. Maybe you can recreate the circumstance of the undesired wall extensions and let me know what’s going on. Or maybe it’s a temporary issue that’ll resolve itself, but the anomaly is misleading.

Update: If I explode the horizontal roof into a slab, the notches disappear, but I get the anomalous wall extensions shown in the gif above. You should be able to recreate this at your end. If I lower the walls to align with the underside of the slab, those extensions go away.