Python Level 1 online course: October 12–13, 2020
Python Level 2 online course: October 14–16, 2020
10 AM–5 PM CET
Hosted on Zoom by McNeel Europe
McNeel Europe presents Long Nguyen—research associate at ICD Stuttgart and Thu Nguyen, PhD Student in Visual Computing at the Centre for Digital Entertainment, University of Bath—for two Python online workshops October 12-13, 14-16, 2020.
Python is an increasingly popular programming language used in many fields: 3D modeling, web programming, scientific computing, artificial intelligence, etc. As a modern programming language, the language has a simple and clean syntax, making it very accessible to beginners.
Thanks to Rhino and Grasshopper’s official support of Python, you can programmatically access its powerful 3D modeling environment, including all the essential features of its advanced NURBS engine. This opens up many new exciting possibilities, such as:
- Building simple scripts/tools that automate repetitive modeling tasks, boosting efficiency
- Developing and customizing tools and workflow specific to your team’s needs
- Programming advanced design algorithms that are not possible with standard out-of-the-box tools
- Using Python as a creative design tool
- Interfacing Rhino and Grasshopper with other software programs
Python Level 1 course: (No knowledge of programming or scripting required, only Rhino and Grasshopper)
- Intro to Python fundamental programming concepts: variable, data, data types, conditional statements, loops, data structure
- The Python code editor in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Creating and debugging simple Rhino commands using Python, etc.
- Intro to RhinoCommon library
- Simple creation and editing of points, vectors, curves, and surfaces
Python Level 2 course: (Requires familiarity of Python programming language)
- Understanding the pros and cons of using RhinoScriptSyntax vs. RhinoCommon
- Working with RhinoCommon geometry: Curve, Mesh, Surface, BRep
- Object-oriented programming in Python
- Generating and editing texts
- Reading/writing files
- Working with DataTree using Python
- Persistent variables
- Using Python with Grasshopper timer
- Additional topics (iftimeallows) such as:
- Better coding experience using external editors
- Topics requested by participants
Online course fees:
Python Level 1: EUR 250,- (+VAT); full-time students, university teachers, and remote participants get a 50% discount ( proof of status required).
Python Level 2: EUR 395,- (+VAT); full-time students, university teachers, and remote participants get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
Special offer for both courses: EUR 580,- (+VAT) Please note your seat is only confirmed after payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants for each course: 125. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
Course language: English
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe!