Python Level 1 course: December 16–17, 2019
Python Level 2 course: December 18–20, 2019
10 AM–6 PM
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
Python is an increasingly popular programming language used in many fields: 3D modeling, web programming, to scientific computing, artificial intelligence, etc. As a modern programming language, the language has a simple and clean syntax, making it very accessible to beginners.
Thanks to Rhino and Grasshopper’s official support of Python, users can programmatically access its powerful 3D modeling environment, including all essential features of its advanced NURBS engine. This opens up many new exciting possibilities, such as:
- Building simple scripts/tools that automate repetitive modeling tasks, boosting efficiency
- Developing and customizing tools and workflow specific to your team’s needs
- Programming advanced design algorithms that are not possible with standard out-of-the-box tools
- Using Python as a creative design tool
- Interfacing Rhino and Grasshopper with other software programs
Python Level 1 course: (No knowledge of programming or scripting required, only Rhino and Grasshopper.)
- Intro to Python fundamental programming concepts: variable, data, data types, conditional statements, loops, data structure
- The Python code editor in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Creating and debugging simple Rhino commands using Python, etc.
- Intro to RhinoCommon library
- Simple creation and editing of points, vectors, curves, and surfaces
Python Level 2 course: (Requires familiarity of Python programming language)
- Understanding the pros and cons of using RhinoScriptSyntax vs. RhinoCommon
- Working with RhinoCommon geometry: Curve, Mesh, Surface, Brep
- Object-oriented programming in Python
- Generating and editing texts
- Reading/writing files
- Working with DataTree using Python
- Persistent variables
- Using Python with Grasshopper timer
- Additional topics (if time allows) such as:
- Better coding experience using external editors
- Topics requested by participants
Python Level 1: EUR 495, (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
Python Level 2: EUR 795, (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required). Special offer for both courses: EUR 1195, (+VAT)
Please note your seat is only confirmed after payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants for each course: 10. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
Course language: English
Image from the previous course in April, 2019.
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe!