Python level 1 course: April 8–9, 2019
Python level 2 course: April 10–12, 2019
10 AM–6 PM
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel Europe and Long Nguyen, research associate at ICD Stuttgart, are presenting two Python workshops this April 8-9/10-12. Python is an increasingly popular programming language widely used in many fields, from 3D modeling, web programming, to scientific computing, artificial intelligence, etc.
Its simple and clean syntax makes it accessible to beginners. Rhino and Grasshopper officially support Python, allowing the users to programmatically access its powerful 3D modeling environment, including all essential features of its advanced NURBS engine. This opens up many new exciting possibilities, such as:
- Building simple scripts/tools that automate repetitive modeling tasks, boosting efficiency
- Developing and customizing tools and workflows that are specific to your team’s needs
- Programming advanced design algorithms that are not possible with standard out-of-the-box tools
- Using Python as a creative design tool
- Interfacing Rhino and Grasshopper with other software programs
Python level 1 course: (No knowledge of programming or scripting required, only Rhino and Grasshopper.)
- Intro to Python fundamental programming concepts: variable, data, data types, conditional statements, loops, data structure
- The Python code editor in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Creating simple Rhino commands Using Python, etc.
- RhinoScriptSyntax library
- Intro to RhinoCommon library
Python level 2 course: (Requires familiarity of Python programming language.)
- Understanding the pros and cons of using RhinoScriptSyntax vs. RhinoCommon
- Working with RhinoCommon geometry: Curve, Mesh, Surface, Brep
- Objected-oriented programming in Python
- Generating and editing texts
- Reading/writing files
- Working with DataTree using Python
- Global Sticky Variables
- Using Python with Grasshopper timer
Python level 1: EUR 495,- (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
Python level 2: EUR 795,- (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
Special offer for both courses: EUR 1195,- (+VAT)
Please note your seat is only confirmed after payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants for each course: 10. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
Course language: English
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe here!_