Triangulation using lunchbox on polygonal surface

I am trying to triangulate an irregular polygonal using Lunchbox but it gives me triangulations for a bounding rectangle. What should I do to enable triangulation only on the surface?

This Lunchbox component is using the U/V parametrization of the surface,
but you have a trimmed surface, and the U and V directions do not align with the boundaries.

If you connect your surface to a standard mesh component you can get a triangulation
Or do you mean you want triangles in a regular grid aligned with the surface directions, but then trimmed or adjusted somehow to meet the boundaries? If so, perhaps you can sketch the result you are after

I am trying for this kind of triangulation.

You can use Weaverbird's Loop Subdivision after the coarse triangulation, example here:

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply! I’ll surely check it and get back.

I get error when I click Polyline.TriangulateClosedPolyline

File not found

The site configured at this address does not contain the requested file.

If this is your site, make sure that the filename case matches the URL.
For root URLs (like http://example.com/ ) you must provide an index.html file.

Read the full documentation for more information about using GitHub Pages .

You have made a customized python script to do such triangulation? I posted a screenshot of sketchup in which I subdivided the surface using sandbox tool.

Guess that pointed to the old API. Anywho attached the latest version I had on my system. You’ll need to subdivide the faces as individual meshes to preserve the hard edges of the coarse mesh. I don’t think Weaverbird has an input for this, maybe just unwelding the mesh is enough.

170811_TriangulatePolyline_00.gh (6.9 KB)

1 Like