Trackpad Rotate &/or Pan Not Working

Hi all,

On my MacBook - which is running the latest version of Yosemite - I can no longer rotate in perspective view and/or pan in any view, with the two finger gesture (right hand click) like when I had when using an earlier Rhino version and Mavericks. (I’m not sure which update is the problem either as I updated both at a similar time.) When I try with the two finger gesture nothing happens. I have found that three fingers and holding down the command key does rotate the view in perspective, but I have no idea how to pan in all views.

I have attached screenshots of my mouse and trackpad settings in preferences.

Any help would be much appreciated.

With me it’s working and sometimes not working i.e. turning on a layer makes panning impossible. I use a trick, miniaturise the window by clicking the yellow button top left and back again. That is makes panning possible again at least in my case. I use Yosemite 10.10 and an MacBook pro 2.3 GHz, Intel Core i7. Its is a provisional trick but maybe it works.

Thank you for your reply. I tried what you said, but unfortunately the pan trick doesn’t seem to work for me.

I did find out something interesting though. In the trackpad setting on your MacBook; if you have the secondary click set to, ‘click in bottom left/right corner’ apposed to, ‘click or tap with two fingers’ I have found that pan on top, right and front works without using a key combination. And the same now works for the rotate in perspective (but still no joy with the pan there).

I have the latest version of Rhino and OS X - and unfortunately the same issue. Sometimes the trackpad won’t work (panning/rotating without clicking). After some time of working (with click and finger movement) it comes back to life.

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.0 (5A851)
IronPython version: 5.1.2015.131
Language: en
OS X version: Version 10.10.3 (Build 14D136)

It happens to me out of no where too but what I do is restart my computer then it starts working again.

Hello- we are getting a number of similar reports from mac M1 users, is that the case for you?

-Pascal

1 Like

Same problem here with MacBook M1. No matter what settings I choose, the problem keeps coming back. What I usually do is quit and restart rhino. It seems to happen when I leave rhino idling in the background for long periods.

1 Like

I have literally no idea why this works, but changing the camera X-location to positive value does the trick for me. (Scroll down on menu on the right side of the screen to see this) [MAC m1]

yes it is for me

same issue here. Macbook Pro M1. Bump

Yep. same

Same here, M1 Macbook Pro.

Same here. Running the latest versions of all softwares.

Same here

I’ve found this works for me:

Type Zoom, press Enter/Return
Drag the cursor as you would normally
Trackpad works again.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

After having this issue for about three years, finally something that makes zoom and pan work again. Would still prefer having the problem itself not happen again, but this solution will already save me so much time

1 Like

This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I’m not sure what to make of it.

This is one of those awful bugs where we definitely know we experience it, but we can’t seem to come up with steps to reliably reproduce the bug.