Trackpad Rotate &/or Pan Not Working

Hi all,

On my MacBook - which is running the latest version of Yosemite - I can no longer rotate in perspective view and/or pan in any view, with the two finger gesture (right hand click) like when I had when using an earlier Rhino version and Mavericks. (I’m not sure which update is the problem either as I updated both at a similar time.) When I try with the two finger gesture nothing happens. I have found that three fingers and holding down the command key does rotate the view in perspective, but I have no idea how to pan in all views.

I have attached screenshots of my mouse and trackpad settings in preferences.

Any help would be much appreciated.

With me it’s working and sometimes not working i.e. turning on a layer makes panning impossible. I use a trick, miniaturise the window by clicking the yellow button top left and back again. That is makes panning possible again at least in my case. I use Yosemite 10.10 and an MacBook pro 2.3 GHz, Intel Core i7. Its is a provisional trick but maybe it works.

Thank you for your reply. I tried what you said, but unfortunately the pan trick doesn’t seem to work for me.

I did find out something interesting though. In the trackpad setting on your MacBook; if you have the secondary click set to, ‘click in bottom left/right corner’ apposed to, ‘click or tap with two fingers’ I have found that pan on top, right and front works without using a key combination. And the same now works for the rotate in perspective (but still no joy with the pan there).

I have the latest version of Rhino and OS X - and unfortunately the same issue. Sometimes the trackpad won’t work (panning/rotating without clicking). After some time of working (with click and finger movement) it comes back to life.

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.0 (5A851)
IronPython version: 5.1.2015.131
Language: en
OS X version: Version 10.10.3 (Build 14D136)