ToggleActiveToolpalettes in Rhino 7 compared to Rhino 6 & 5

RH-57945 and RH-65131 are fixed in Rhino 7 Service Release 10 Release Candidate

Nope, sorry guys - this is NOT fixed! You can very easily test it for yourself @dan. Just follow the steps @Eckhardt described:

Also see my reply above:

Once more:

Philip

Thank you @Eckhardt, I was able to reproduce the undesired behavior using the steps you provided. I reopened:

RH-57945 Preferences: Added advanced setting to suppress tool palettes reappearing after command completes

1 Like

Hi @Eckhardt -

We have done a bit more work. Please try these steps:

1. Download this new Rhino ā€œbuild-of-the-dayā€.
  2. After opening the dmg, when you see the screen with the Rhino and the Applications icon, drag it to your Desktop instead. (Since this is not an official release of Rhino, Iā€™d discourage you from installing and using this as your ā€œstableā€ version of Rhino - same drill as before).
  3. Launch Rhino 7.11.21228.13002 on your Desktop.
  4. Navigate to Preferences > Tool Palette and verify that Hide tool palettes when starting commands is enabled (checked).
  5. Navigate to Preferences > Mouse > Screen Edges and set the left and/or right edges to ToggleActiveToolPalettes .
  6. Navigate to Preferences > Advanced and make sure that Rhino.Options.Advanced.LeaveFloatingPanelsHiddenOnMac is set to true (enabled/checked).
  7. Start a new modeling window.
  8. Navigate to Window > Active Tool Palettes and show any you desire (I tested with Circle and Popup here).
  9. Start and finish a command from the popup tool palette.
  10. Hide tool palettes by moving your mouse to the screen edge.
  11. From Rhinoā€™s left-hand sidebar, start a command like Rectangle and complete it.
  12. Run the _Line command and complete it.

Are we making some progress here?

Hi @Dan, and team

This is Perfect! Thanks.
The toolpalette toggle behaviour is now working similar as in R6.
This makes my quick modelling tool-palette useful again.

@Philip
Does it also work for you when you use it with an alias?

best regards,
Eckhardt

1 Like

Great to hear. Thanks @Eckhardt for your testing and patience.

@dan , @Eckhardt

After a quick test: this seems to be working now! Also the popup from the MMB. Great! What a relief :+1:

Thanks!

Philip

1 Like

Wonderful! Thanks for confirming. It should show up in a Service Release Candidate in a little under a month, then in the stable Service Release after that.

Great! I think Iā€™ll use this Rhino version till then :slightly_smiling_face:

Philip