Texture mapping not rendering properly in Rhino 7 render

I am rendering branded panels. In rendered view they look fine, but do not render the way they appear in the rendered view at all (they render at a huge scale, with no custom mapping at all). I just did a test with LEGACY Rhino render and they are mapping correctly that way.

What is the issue?

If you send screenshot or that’s Map or…info
Better to help people for you

Here is the rendered view, Legacy render, and Rhino 7 render:

Hi Jackie - please send the file to tech@mcneel.com with a link back to this topic in your comments.

-Pascal

Hello, I have the same problem. Legacy works, Rhino render no. Quite annoying…

Now legacy doesn’t work either.

What is happening?

Hi @jajajackjack ,

I replied to your email into tech support asking for the 3dm file and your SystemInfo results in Rhino 7. Please reply back there and we can help. My guess is that it is system related but it may also have to do with the mapping or material.

Hello, the problem still presists. Please see the render mode - ok and render - texture stretched.
Have you find the solution yet?

thank you.

Best,

Ic

Post that 3dm file please and also the results of your SystemInfo command in Rhino and we can take a look. You can also email these to tech@mcneel.com instead if you like.

it happens in all my files, so please find the example here. thank you!
ic

problem.3dm (3.3 MB)
systeminfo.txt (3.9 KB)

There were a few things causing this that need to be fixed… check out the attached video. I had to delete the OCS frame mapping from the objects, reassign a larger planar map for all the objects and change the texture repeat in the material from .01 to 1 or higher.

Hello, thank you now it works. It was a bit confusing, that in the render mode it looked correct.
Thanks again for your help!

1 Like