Text editing issues

Issue #1:
After a computer restart, I open Rhino (V7 or WIP) create a text block. I then double click the text to edit it. The text edit dialog comes up and stretches across my entire two 4K screens!

Once I resize it once, it behaves normally for the rest of the time, even with new Rhino instances, until I restart my computer.

Issue #2:
Once having resized the edit box… With the text selected and the edit box open, I click on the B or I buttons to bold and/or italic the text. If I then click out of Rhino (to check something else) with the dialog still open and waiting for OK, the text highlighting disappears. And, more interesting, if I then re-click on the B or I buttons to deactivate them, I get a ‘ghost’ - the original config showing behind the new. In V7 neither is highlighted, in the WIP the new is highlighted but the old is still there I assume some display pipeline here is not getting updated correctly. If you can’t reproduce this, I will try to make a video, but it’s a bit difficult to capture.

This is on Win 11 with two 4K screens.

I was able to reproduce the 2 issues mentioned above.
I noticed the first one earlier this week, but that didn’t show up again once I resized the dialog box. It appeared again after I restarted my PC.

RH-68004 is fixed in Rhino 7 Service Release 19

1 Like