Text background mask issue (Rhino 6)

unhandled

The latest update seems to have broken text with Background mask… the text won’t display and all background masks are gray. Rhino crashes when i go to the properties palette.

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hello - can you please post the output from the SystemInfo command? (Help menu > System information)

thanks,

-Pascal

Rhino 6 SR3 2018-3-31 (Rhino 6, 6.3.18090.471, Git hash:master @ b32d93f452fce970e96deb46bfc68b075f06b290)

Windows 7 SP1 (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Quadro K2000/PCIe/SSE2 (OpenGL ver:4.5.0 NVIDIA 386.01)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.5
Shading Language: 4.50 NVIDIA
Driver Date: NA
Driver Version: NA
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2 GB

I tried turning hardware acceleration off. Didn’t do anything

(John Brock) #6

Please look in Windows’ Device Manager > Display adapter to see what your driver date is.
I’m running a Quadro P2000 with drivers from late January and it works great.

I’ll try updating, but my driver hasn’t changed. This started since the last rhino update.

Just updated to 391.33 drivers. I have a K2000, not P2000 like you.

The text shows the same color as the background. When I select it, it turns yellow

(John Brock) #9

I assume the layer your text is on is a different color than red?

(Steve Baer) #10

Does this only happen in perspective viewports or do you see the same bug in parallel viewports?

It seems to work fine in top, front, left viewports at first. As soon as I orbit, the text disappears. It doesn’t work in isometric or perspective views. Sometimes, If I select all text and try Zoom Selected it says Unable to zoom - no objects are visible. If I export to Rhino 5 the background mask color is removed. It looks like something was changed in the way text is displayed as well.

Another issue: previously text that was coplanar with a surface was showing clearly. Now it becomes partially obscured:

(Steve Baer) #12

I made some changes to the code last night for this. Hopefully the next SR4 service release will show an improvement (probably available next Tuesday).

thanks ! in the meantime… is there a way I could downgrade?

(Steve Baer) #14

Sure, you probably have to uninstall to downgrade
https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-windows/6/latest

Steve, the changes fixed the problem in perspective views, but not parallel. The text is somewhat legible, but still appears glitched out like the screenshot above.

(Steve Baer) #17

Can you post a screenshot ofthe glitched display in parallel viewports so I can be sure I understand what you are describing? Thanks

(John Brock) #18

@arch
Did you get that backwards?
I’m not seeing any issue in parallel projection viewports like Top, Front, and Right.
I am seeing the effect in perspective display at very low viewing angles.

Actually the problem seems to remains only at oblique angles in the isometric view. Perependicular views are ok.