TestPackageManager crashes Rhino 6

Hi @stevebaer,

if i run TestPackageManager on Rhino 6 SR34, it sometimes crashes right away. If not i can use the search bar and when i click on the version dropdown, Rhino 6 crashes.

I understand this is a Test command. Is it no longer save to use with Rhino 6 ?

_
c.

I’m not sure; the Package Manager and associated user interface are really @will and @Trav 's domain. I’ll let them chime in and provide their opinion

hmm. I loaded up the test command in v6 this morning and did some clicking around and installing and no crashes on my end just yet. I guess we’ll need to know a few more details or maybe @will has some ideas.

Thanks @Trav, i can reliable crash RH6 still running on Win7 if i open that dialog and immediately click on that Version dropdown arrow. It does not crash if i tab to this control and press Space to drop it down.

_
c.

I can’t reproduce this either, though I’m running Windows 10. Does Rhino give you the opportunity to submit a crash report when it goes down?

Hi @will, sorry no. It just freezes.

_
c.

Hi Clement -

When Rhino freezes, you can create a dump file by going to the Windows Task Manager and picking Create dump file from the right-mouse-button pop-up. You can upload that to Rhino - Upload to Support</ti - make sure to mention this thread in the comments field.
-wim